Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Simply Kate

There's just no competition. Kate Bosworth is the reigning Queen of Simplicity. When it comes to fashion, and specifically on the red carpet, I always love when celebrities take risks and chances. No, it may not always work and god forbid they end up on Friday night's episode of the Fashion Police (one of my faves...Joan Rivers can be a major betch, anddd pretty funny), but there's also a Best Dressed list and a very good chance they can end up there. Celebrities attend so many events & red carpets anyway, I think it's always worth taking a chance. But for some reason, I just love Kate Bosworth's style. Whether it's a red carpet event or an oops-caught-by-the-paparazzi moment, she pulls off simple better than anyone else can. 

Kate opted for a soft, feminine look in this gorgeous pastel pink sleeved dress from Calvin Klein with matching lipstick. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of pink on the red carpet (or gray in this case), but I think this is just the right hue. *Tip: pastel pink can be much more grown-up than girly when minimized. Pair a top or dress without all the lace and ruffles with very simple, classic accessories like Kate's clutch and sparkly pumps.






































Bright red lips + shoes = perfection. I love love love the matching combo paired with none other than Calvin Klein (a Kate Bosworth fave) at the Calvin Klein 2010 Collection after party. Such a basic, off-the-shoulder dress and wedges, the only other way to complete this look perfectly would be adding some super tousled, bedhead waves........oh wait.



Kate's pale blue Alexander McQueen gown looks so amazing with her tanned skin and bleach blonde hair. I feel like a record player stuck on repeat but: simple & chic. I am officially on a mission to find out who makes the clutch that she is holding in all 3 of these pictures because I am prrrrretty sure I love it :)


Perfect example of one of many caught-by-the-paps moments. Who pulls off and looks that good in a striped tee and cuffed boyfriend jeans? I'll tell you who....Kate Bosworth.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love kate bosworths style! i never realized how simple she keeps it but it still works. Love your blog!