Sunday, January 23, 2011

Make A Statement

Swag ain't somethin you can wear on your neck. At least according to Keri Hilson.

But I have to say, Keri Hilson did not realize that it is in fact very possible. Okay...bad joke, but seriously. The statement necklace trend has carried over for a few seasons since 2009, but I have just started getting into the trend. And let me tell you, I am really getting into it. I'm already such an accessories whore-der (...get it?) and my jewelry collection is far too big. I've worked at a jewelry boutique at home for over 3 years and when we get new shipments in...it's just flat out dangerous...

It's such a simple way to add to an outfit. I mean sure, put on one of your basic, solid color tops like any other night, but as soon as you add that statement necklace? Boom. Every girl is eyeing your outfit in jealousy wishing they could pull it off as well as you. Who doesn't want that dang, girlfriend knows what she's doing effect??

The key to pulling off this trend in the Spring is to pick necklaces with eye popping colors and combine with solid color tops like turquoise and yellow, or red and violet. If you're going with a detailed top, a necklace will only over do it. So if you're wearing a very detailed or embellished top, opt for chunky bracelets, rings, or earrings instead that will add just as much wow factor to a normally plain outfit.





No comments: