Sunday, January 9, 2011

People's Choice

At this year's People's Choice Awards, celebrities helped kick off the 2011 season of award shows with a bang. Watching the Red Carpet coverage on E! and online, I couldn't help but make mental notes of some of my favorite looks of the night.

The always stunning Minka Kelly looks gorgeous in this Vivienne Westwood dress with a lacy overlay and belt. I love her suede heels and studded clutch. I couldn't have chosen better accessories to keep this dress as the focal point. This awards show has usually been a more casual event (as opposed to one like the Oscars), so Minka's outfit choice was perfect for the carpet.





Selena Gomez was another one of my favorites and gave us two separate looks throughout the night. For her performance, she wore a gorgeous gown by Irina Shabayeva. She looks amazing.. but is it weird that I kind of love the fact that she matches the carpet and backdrop? Hmm.. With cascading ruffles across her frame, Selena kept it glam without overdoing it. And hel-loooo Louboutins, I think I'm in love with you.


Then, for the blue carpet, she wore a very pale pink Paule Ka one-shoulder dress paired with Giuseppe Zanotti heels. She even did a hair & makeup change for the second look. The style of her hair balances out the ruffle details that spirals down into the waist, and although pretty simple, I think it looks great with her skin tone (unlike Taylor Swift's choice of color tisk tisk stylist..) and the single Vahan silver bracelet is the perfect finishing touch.


What do you think of these celeb looks? Love em, hate em? Think someone else should be considered for Best-Dressed? Let me know! :)

3 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Both ladies look gorgeous! I think Selena is very pretty! xoxoxoxo

Dylana Suarez said...

Leighton looks gorgeous in that dress!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

first of all Minka Kelly is Gorgeous! If I could wear that dress......it would be in my closet! Love your blog!!