Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And the Grammy Goes To...

Guys. I can't believe I forgot about Model Monday. After one week, this tradition has already been ruined by my failure in realizing it was a holiday. So please forgive me, and get ready and prepare yourselves for the biggest, bestest, craziest Model Monday you could ever possibly imagine next week, okay?!

The Grammys were this past Sunday, and I kid you not, I watched everything from E!'s red carpet stuff at 4 all the way until the end at 10:30 that night. I know, I know....dedication. But seriously, as the month continues the award shows get better and better. And the Grammys were huge. So many great looks, but I put together a few of my favorite best dressed celebrities on the red carpet.


First and foremost, Selena Gomez. She was probably my absolute favorite. She is such a bombshell! She wore a J Mendel sparkly gown with minimal accessories and of course, gorgeous hair and makeup. For 18, she always stays so sophisticated and classy but still looks super hot.


Jennifer Hudson looked SO gorgeous! She wore a navy Versace mullet dress and black Louboutins and just looked flawless. Her makeup and hair are perfection. Not to mention, she looked just as good on stage during the Aretha Franklin tribute with those hot gold shoulders.


I think Lea Michele rocked this Emilio Pucci black gown. The only change I would've made would have been putting her hair up. With such strong shoulders, the hair kind of takes away from that. I love the hot pink lips and the seriously high platform pumps.


Drake opted for an all black tuxedo, which can be pretty daring, but he totally pulled off this one by Giorgio Armani. Very classy and pretty dressy but still very Drake. And can we talk about his performance with Eminem and Rihanna?? So good.


Justin Bieber. I literally die for this face. And this one. It's Bieber fever, people, and it's just unhealthy. He wore a Dolce & Gabbana white velvet tux and while not many can pull off the white tux, I have to give him credit for taking a chance with it. If only, if only he had ditched the sneakers. You just can't expect Justin Bieber to show up to any red carpet without a pair, but you have to admit he has swag.




Some disagree, but I loved Bruno Mars look. The hairstyle, the Dolce & Gabbana tux, everything was so retro and it was almost themed with his Grammy performance which was also amazing. I think I just love everything about Bruno Mars. Sorry the picture doesn't show the entire outfit, but it was the best I could find.


Last but not least, Lady Gaga. She was not a best dressed for me, but more of a Weirdest Dressed. I have to say I was completely underwhelmed. When she came out of the truck and "walked" the red carpet in a giant egg, I thought, oh my god this is going to be absolutely insane and amazing. But then..........it just wasn't. When she hatched out of this egg she had been "incubating" in I was expecting this amazing performance that would blow my mind but it didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I love her but I mean hello, she did the most incredible two piano duet with Elton John last year and it just really didn't compare for me. Maybe next year...  

With a Best Dressed List, comes a Worst Dressed. Hayley Williams - please never mix hot pink with your fire red hair again. Kim Kardashian - I am begging you, stop showing up to awards shows where you really don't belong in a gold glitter dress from 2001 again. It's just frumpy, and if you don't want to be considered a "sex symbol" as you claim, that dress isn't helping. Nicki Minaj - you are not Lady Gaga. You cannot pull off the Frankenstein Bride hair anywhere other than your skit on SNL.

I can't even explain how excited I am for the Oscars. From the red carpet to the acceptance speeches, it's going to be the biggest and the best. And don't even get me started on the fact that James Franco (in love) and Anne Hathaway are hosting.....MAJOR. I'm going to make "Go Natalie Portman!!!!" signs and hold them up the entire time.

You should too.

1 comment:

Paige Renae said...

Despite all the flack that the sequined gowns and mullet dresses have been getting, I'm really loving them this awards season! This being said, you definitely have to have the body type to pull it off, which all of these ladies do.
I have to agree about Lady Gaga, it's hard to match Elton John+Gaga with an odd egg and frumpy dress. But at least the song was great, no?
Lovely post, darling! :)