Thursday, February 10, 2011

That 70's Runway Show

Marc Jacobs. Marc Jacobs. Marc Jacobs. Oh how I love Marc Jacobs.
He completely recreated the 70's in his Spring/Summer 2011 collection. But where do I even begin? Stripes and geometric prints. Peasant blouses and full skirts. Gold hot pants and strapless jumpsuits. Skinny-rib sweaters and flared trousers. Baby-dolls and big hats. Sheer chiffons in hot colors like fuschia, pink, violet and mustard yellow (perfectly matching my blog...I knew he planned it all along). Then there were the accessories. Giant hibiscus and orchid flowers. Waist corsages. Enormous straw hats. Square and rectangular clutches. Glitter dusted platform sandals. Oversized shades. I'm out of breath.

The collection was no doubt inspired by Yves Saint Laurent from back in the day, but Marc Jacobs is the first to admit it. After being one of the most copied designers since his grunge days in the 90s, it's only fair he turns the tables this season, don't you think?
































































With FW 2011 New York Fashion Week going on as I speak, I can't wait to see what my main man has hiding up his sleeve! What do you think of the collection? Let me know in the comments! :)





1 comment:

Paige Renae said...

There is no way in heck that you can deny Marc Jacobs' faulousity. This collection is undoubtedly one of the best. I am in love with the bold hues and vintage silhouettes, totally getting inspiration for vintage looks of my own!