Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Monday...

You know what that means.. Model Monday! YES. I hope you can forgive me for missing two whole weeks of Model Monday (a travesty, I know) and I really hope we can still be friends? Phew. Okay, today's post is all about Gemma Ward. I hope you have all heard of her because she has been absolutely everywhere. I love Gemma Ward. Her baby doll face and ability to make anything look good is a perfect combination. She's a Gem right? Everyone pretend to laugh now...


One of the most interesting things about Gemma Ward is that she had no intention whatsoever of being a model! I know what you're thinking... how can someone with that face not even consider being a model? She explained in a Teen Vogue interview, that she accompanied her friends to a modeling competition and ended up being scouted herself:
I had come straight from my auntie and uncle's farm, and I was wearing this big gray barn jacket with mud all over it. When the scout came up to me, I said, 'No, thank you.' They forged my mum's signature [for mandatory parental consent], and pushed me in front of the cameras.
At 16, she was the youngest model to be named one of the "It Girls" in American Vogue. She has been in every designer's shows including Prada, Versace, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, and Valentino. She's been on 30 Vogue covers worldwide and she's been named by Forbes as one of the World's 15 top-earning supermodels. She was in John Mayer's music video for Daughters anddddd she was that creepy blonde girl in The Strangers...who knew! Now, at 23, she has a role in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides coming out this summer. Love her!


 





























No comments: