Monday, February 28, 2011

Hollywood's Biggest Night

It's Day-After-The-Oscars-Day! aka The Night James Franco Was High. Another national holiday (other than Model Monday of course) so today is just one big, fat double whammy! Awards season is officially over. I have been impatiently waiting for the most glamorous day in Hollywood and it finally arrived yesterday. Every award show up until now has been a warm-up for the Oscars and when it came to the red carpet, I was far from disappointed. There were so many amazing looks that I had to really narrow it down.


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab couture. In. Love. As soon as I saw her get out of the limo, I screamed at the TV, Who is that?!?! Who is that?!! Oh My God WHO is that?!?! When I realized it was Mila Kunis I was even more in love. This lavender lace gown looks amazingly amazing against her skin tone and hair color. Hands down my favorite look the night. Here it is again from a straight forward angle.


Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein. She was the first one out on the red carpet and looked like a complete bombshell. Calvin Klein makes some of the most simple, beautiful gowns. I mean, who can pull off such a simple red dress, effortlessly without accessories? Not many.


Cate Blanchett wore this Givenchy Haute Couture silk chiffon gown. It's such an incredible dress and so unique. Embellished with pearls & crystals, it's complex but sophisticated, and no one could pull it off better than Cate Blanchett. You can't tell in the photo, but it was a very pale lavender. PS...check out the back. Now that is how you do it at the Oscars.


Gwyneth Paltrow wore this Calvin Klein sheath gown. It was such a sleek and modern look and I love the slick straight hair which always looks so great on her. My only critique would have been to ditch the Louis Vuitton brooch around her waist.


Natalie Portman looked absolutely stunning. I have never, I repeat never, seen someone look so gorgeous while pregnant. An empire waist is always the best way to go during a pregnancy, and this beautiful gown was designed by the Mulleavy sisters of Rodarte (who also designed the tutus for Black Swan). And she won Best Actress! So deserved. And how cool is that baby going to be? I mean, come on, he was at the Academy Awards when his mom won her first Oscar....jealous.


Worst Dressed? They don't deserve a picture on my blog, so I'll put links. Click and Cringe.

Marisa Tomei
Nicole Kidman
Melissa Leo
Helena Bonham Carter

1 comment:

Paige Renae said...

Hi Mackenzie! You're right we definitely do have a lot of the same favorites! And you're absolutely correct about Jeniffer Lawrence...after all, it's pretty difficult to pull of a look that glamorous without accessories.
Ugh, major cringe-worthy moments in the worst-dressed category. I had to agree completely on all of your picks...they don't deserve a spot on the blog.