Friday, May 13, 2011

Countdown to Summer

Okay, so summer doesn't officially start until June 21 this year, but we're gonna just go ahead and call it summer because I want to. Oh, and maybe because I'm blogging about summer trends. Ladies and gentleman (but mostly ladies) I present to you, 5 trends of the season:

1. Floral Print. Floral is always such an in-your-face pattern, I usually like to do a more subtle, not so bright print on a blouse, top, or dress. Clutches and cross body bags are an easy way to incorporate the trend into your wardrobe if you're still not sure you love it.





























2.  Wide leg pants. And high waisted, if you can pull it off. I envy you. I'm so obsessed with wide leg pants right now and dark wash jeans or white jeans/pants are my personal favorites. Pair with a feminine blouse or blazer for a polished look, or tuck in a loose tank top for a more casual look.



3. Stripes. Vertical, horizontal, thick, thin, it really doesn't matter. Stripes are everywhere. I particularly love oversized, off the shoulder striped tees and I really want a striped handbag for the summer. 3a. Top handle bags are also a big trend for the season.















4. Bright accessories. Fuchsia, teal, yellow, and cobalt were big colors this season. Bright clutches,
sunglasses, bangles, and pumps are a great way to add a pop of color to your outfit this summer. I love this trend a lot.




5. White lace. A must have for your wardrobe is absolutely a white lace dress. Whether it's a floor length maxi or a mini dress or skirt (depending on your style & taste) it's perfect for the season and you can dress it up or down very easily.

No comments: