Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Met Gala

On Monday, the 2011 Met Costume Institute Gala happened. And I can't even explain how much I love the fashion and style at the Met Gala every single year. This year's gala celebrated the opening of the new exhibition "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" a look at McQueen's well-known and provocative work. 


Let me get to the point here. I love watching the coverage online and of course I love to critique and judge and create my own "Best Dressed" list, so here it is. And in no particular order....just so you know. That would be far too time consuming. Especially for someone like me who is diagnosed with never-finishes-anything-itis (it's a disease, remember?) Back to the point.


Blake Lively in Chanel, of course. Karl Lagerfeld's date, of course (FAB). The new strawberry blonde looks stunning in this Chanel gown and looks even more perfect standing next to the one & only.


Emma Roberts in Michael Kors. Simple. Classic. All there is to it. 


Hailee Steinfeld in Stella McCartney. She's fourteeeeeen, people.


Caroline Trentini in Michael Kors. I love the messy ponytail with this dress. Very unexpected.


Zoƫ Saldana in Calvin Klein Collection. The color is absolutely perfect on her and honestly, I just can't get enough of Calvin Klein's simple & chic dresses this season.




Bar Refaeli in Reem Accra. Absolutely gorgeous from head to toe. But then again I'm pretty sure you could put anything on this girl and she would look stunning.


Diane Kruger in Jason Wu. She was Wu's date to the Met Gala as well. I just love Jason Wu. Have I mentioned that before??


Taylor Swift in a J. Mendel couture gown. It is SUCH an improvement from her usual (yawn) sequin dresses, let's be honest. And no cat eyes....double score.


Alexa Chung in Christopher Kane. This girl just does her own thing and I love it. 


Beyonce in a custom Emilio Pucci mermaid gown. The embroidery details are absolutely gorgeous and the dress really shows off her curves. Well, what's left of them anyway.


Gisele in Alexander McQueen. Straight glam, this woman is.


SJP shut it down in vintage McQueen. Dress, gown, hair, makeup. So fabulous I can't even handle it.

1 comment:

Kristina Clemens said...

Everyone looks so amazing...it seems such a shame that the Met doesn't get as much hype as the Oscars. It's such an awesome event and everyone rocks their clothes! =)
Kristina J.