Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shady Chic

It's time to put away the Ray-Ban Wayfarers & Aviators. Round lens sunglasses are sweeping the nation. Okay, that may be a little dramatic but I am surious. Round lens sunglasses have been everywhere and I am loving the trend. They are also called keyhole sunglasses because of the shape in the center. The only bad thing about the round lenses is that they are tricky to pull off, & not many can do the John Lennon thing. So if you don't have the face for perfect round lenses go for an oval shaped lens. These are Marc by Marc Jacobs (top row) and Elizabeth and James, one of Mary Kate & Ashley's lines (bottom row).





The second sunglasses trend is the Cat Eye sunglasses. I love the retro look to both of these trends.
These Alexander Wang sunglasses were part of what made the cat eye trend so big. 
I am pretty much dying for them. 



But for those of us who can't pull these fabulous sunglasses off (and by us, I mean me) there are less "cat eye" versions of the sunglasses. These are all great alternative options from Dior, Alexander McQueen, and Ray-Ban for all you devoted Ray-Ban lovers. 




Top right: Dior nordstrom.com Top left: Ray-Ban saksfifthavenue.com (or any Ray-Ban Seller) 
Bottom left: Alexander McQueen bloomingdales.com Bottom right: McQueen nordstrom.com


I am now officially beginning my search for cute, chic, and affordable round lens & cat eye sunglasses to add to my ridiculously big collection of sunglasses. What do you think of the new trends?

No comments: