Saturday, June 4, 2011

Have a J.Crew Kinda Summer

J. Crew recently came out (and by recently, I mean I just found it recently) with 7 ways to update your summer style and I completely agree with 4 out of the 7. I'm sorry but I just can't get behind the board shorts, or their versions of the "everyday dress" and espadrilles. They made it easy for me & included descriptions of why they are so essential to your summer wardrobe so check em out!



As for the three J.Crew essentials I didn't love, I came up with my own versions of the shorts, everyday dress, and espadrille wedges that I think are even more essential to a summer wardrobe. 

Bold board shorts Crochet shorts. Crochet has been a huge trend for the spring/summer and I love white crochet shorts. These are so cute, cool, and flowy. Pair with anything from a blouse to a tank top to a bandeau (if you can pull it off) and wedges or a flat sandal and you've got a perfect outfit for summer.


J.Crew's "Everyday" Dress  Maxi Dress. Maxi dresses are great because they can be dressed up or down and you really can do a lot with them. Choose a simple solid colored dress so you can do more with it. I want the purple one. You'll find yourself wanting to wear it literally everyday because it's so easy to throw on and accessorize a million different ways (Belts, bangles, earrings, chunky necklace, blazer, etc).
Now that's what I call an "Everyday" dress.


J.Crew Espadrille Wedges  Okay, so I do agree with J.Crew when they say that espadrille wedges are an essential shoe for the summer but I'm just not too crazy about their version. An espadrille wedge must have for me would be something in tan/beige/nude all of the above. You'll be able to wear them with summer dresses, skirts, and even those white lace shorts you just got ;) I am particularly dying for the Jimmy Choos on the bottom right. And the Stuart Weitzman wedges on the top. And the DVs on the bottom left. Okay, I lied. I'm dying for all of them.


Top row: Stuart Weitzman neimanmarcus.com Bottom left: DV by Dolce Vita piperlime.com 
Bottom right: Jimmy Shoot 'Patriot Pat' nordstrom.com 


2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm personally a big fan of kenzlens blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path
clipping path service
background removal

miiabyt said...


Hey,
Thanks for sharing this weblog its very useful to put into effect in our work


Regards.
the Best Leather Jackets for Men