Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blake Channels the 60s

Blake Lively has had a pretty rough 24 hours. She's been all over the tabloids with her recent nude photo scandal (when will these celebs ever learn?) but she was all smiles and looking fabulous in her July 2011 cover issue of Glamour. I loved the spread shot by Terry Tsiolis & the 60s inspirations. Short shorts and short skirts. It's very Mod. She wore stunning pieces by Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Stella McCartney, Marc by Marc Jacobs and more.





Blake was interviewed by Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine covering everything from relationships to styling to Twitter. The whole interview is very cute because they are such good friends. I love that Glamour does their interviews that way. One of the things that makes me so fascinated with Blake Lively is that she has never had her own stylist, meaning she is the one to personally choose every look & every gown, for every event. That's a lot of work for someone like Blake.
Not to mention she's become a fashion icon, without one.

Blake on being her own stylist: "You know, my mom modeled and made clothes, so I always had such an appreciation for design. And then Gossip Girl completely blew open the door to fashion for me. I'd go to fashion shows and call my publicist and say, "Can I wear that?" I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better. And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I'm going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That's a terrible idea!"







Dying for those shorts. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love blake lively! shes got such great fashion. cute blog!