Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Run The World

So after watching Beyonce's performance at the Billboard Music Awards this week, let me just say it was completely mind blowing. I mean literally my mind was blown. Honestly, I've probably watched it 25 times. You MUST watch it here. So once I put my mind back together, I had to watch the official music video for Run the World and it was a fashion filled blowout. Again, with my mind. It's really been through too much. But, honestly, who would expect any less from Queen B? She wore everything from McQueen to Pucci and every gown and look was perfection for her music video. Watch it here first, and then we can talk fashion.


The video starts off with Beyonce in an Alexander McQueen Fall 2010 red silk-satin dress with gold embroidered detailing. Paired with thigh high boots, also by McQueen. I love the whole lion tamer influence in this look.
























Next she wore Norma Kamali fringed shorts paired with a bustier and a gold Giuseppe Zanotti harness. Matching Brian Lichtenberg vest and Alexander Wang fringed heels. Obsessed with it all together.








Then she wore this gorgeous Givenchy Couture Spring 2011 gown. The bold shoulders & sleeves were taken off (as you can see in the runway shot) but I love it paired with the hair/updo.



Next up was a stunning Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 couture gown. But enough with the water!! We'll just assume it's a green screen....this is couture we're talking about.
























And if you thought that was enough, we're only halfway done. 


My jaw dropped when I saw Beyonce in a Gareth Pugh Fall 2011 turtleneck dress with metallic scales. And can we just talk about the gold mirrored shoes. More mind blowing.





This gorgeous bright yellow Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 gown with cutouts looks perfect on B. Paired with Sergio Rossi studded gladiator boots.



Another Pucci gown but from the Fall 2011 collection. This green long sleeve gown has a slash detail in the front and thigh-high slit. Couldn't get a decent screenshot of this look, just because girlfriend is getting down in this one. I mean really.

Love the Billboard Awards performance. Love the music video. Love every look. Love Beyonce. 

No comments: