Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You're So Vanity Fair

Although I posted my own personal Oscars Best Dressed list, I couldn't leave out what is arguably the best part of Oscar night. The after parties. Sure, sitting through a 4-hour-long awards show in what I would assume is not the most comfortable dress on a crash dieted empty stomach may sound like a grand time. But the real fun is afterwards when it's acceptable to slip into something a little more casual (and I'm using the term casual very loosely here). One of the biggest Oscar parties is the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, which means celebrities brought their A-game and I just had to share a few of my favorites.

Kate Bosworth in what was hands down my favorite after party look of the night. She wore a gorgeous Prabal Gurung long sleeve black tulle dress that if I didn't know any better, would say was made for her.


Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein. Red was an extremely popular color for the night and I love the exposed lace bra. With a slicked back pony, it was the perfect after party look.


Selena Gomez in Dolce & Gabbana, who she wore at last year's Vanity Fair party as well (remember this celebrity-version-of-prom moment?). This gown with a floral applique print fits her like a glove and reminds of the J. Mendel dress she wore at the Grammys last year. That silhouette is perfection on her.


Claire Danes in Valentino. This was much different than what the minimalist usually goes for but I loved the bright pink, sheer polka dots, and tiered skirt on her. The messy updo was the perfect finishing touch. 


Rosie Huntington-Whitely in Antonio Berardi. No words are really needed. Stunning dress. Stunning girl. Yep, I think stunning just about sums it up. Did I mention the back of the dress is stunning?


Last but not least, Miley Cyrus in Roberto Cavalli. I have to admit I'm a little biased over this because of my love/obsession/whatever you wanna call it for Miley, but this is one of my favorite red carpet moments of her ever. She looked amazing head to toe, and are she and Liam not the cutest couple ever?!


Just look at that hair & makeup! Completely flawless. Old Hollywood glam at it's finest. Bravo, Miley.


And that officially wraps up awards season! Until next time, if we can just make it to 2013.

No comments: